With the start of the long Labor Day weekend and the unofficial end of summer, fall is right around the corner. Now is the time to start thinking about home maintenance to get your home ready for the cold months ahead. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Schedule your semi-annual HVAC system servicing to make sure the heat will come on when it’s time to close the windows.
- Mulch your garden beds. This will provide an added layer of protection for your plants as winter creeps in.
- Clean out the gutters and downspouts keeping them clear of debris.
- Clean out the fireplace. Chances are pretty good that you haven’t used it in a long time, so it’s a good idea to make sure it’s clean, free from cobwebs or birds’ nests that may have been built over the summer.
- Add weather stripping to doors and windows if needed…
View original post 105 more words